- Completed fourth consecutive successful launch in 18 months on July 1, 2022; delivered satellites for the Department of Defense Space Test Program (STP)
- Signed binding launch contract with iQPS for launch of synthetic aperture radar satellites
- Announced NRO, U.S. Space Force, UK MoD, and commercial payloads for Cornwall, UK launch
- Established new Brazilian subsidiary and received launch operator’s license
- Continued international momentum with signed study for South Korean spaceport
LONG BEACH, Calif. (Virgin Orbit PR)–Virgin Orbit (Nasdaq: VORB) (“Virgin Orbit” or the “Company”), the responsive space flight and services company, today announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
Virgin Orbit’s Chief Executive Officer, Dan Hart, commented, “We had another strong quarter of execution, culminating in our latest launch on July 1st. Our ‘Straight Up’ mission, which was our fourth successful launch in 18 months, delivered seven satellites for the DoD. We continue to see strong efficiency gains as we scale production and increase launch rate.”