NASA has selected seven projects focused on CubeSats for continued development under the space agency’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase II program.
The projects are either focused directly on CubeSats or have applications to the small satellites. The list includes:
- Tendeg, LLC, Louisville, Colo: ROC-Rib Deployable Ka-Band Antenna for Nanosatellites
- ExoTerra Resource, LLC. Littleton, Colo.: Cubesat SEP Power Module
- Composite Technology Development, Inc., Lafayette, Colo.: Electric Potential and Field Instrument for CubeSat (EPIC)
- Spectral Sciences, Inc., Burlington, Mass.: Electrospray Propulsion Engineering Toolkit (ESPET)
- , LLC, Saline, Mich.: Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing for Capillary Heat Transfer Devices and Integrated Heat Exchangers
- Applied Material Systems Engineering, Inc., Schaumburg, Ill.: Innovations for the Affordable Conductive Thermal Control Material Systems for Space Applications
- Pioneer Astronautics, Lakewood, Colo.: Nitrous Ethane-Ethylene Rocket with Hypergolic Ignition.
Summaries of the projects follow.
- Parabolic Arc
- March 27, 2016