WASHINGTON, D.C. February 2, 2022 (CSF PR) – The Commercial Spaceflight Federation (CSF) announced today individual and organization winners of awards in recognition of milestone accomplishments in commercial space. The 2022 winners are:
- Senator John Hickenlooper (D-CO) for The Commercial Space Policy Award: recognizes a policymaker who has made significant and lasting contributions over the past year to the advancement of commercial space policy.
- Blue Origin New Shepard Team for The Commercial Space Pioneer Award: recognizes outstanding technical contributions over the past year that has enabled commercial access to space.
- Elon Musk, SpaceX, for The Commercial Space Business & Finance Award: recognizes an investor, financier, or benefactor of commercial space activities whose support has benefited the industry as a whole.
- Jeff Foust, SpaceNews, for The Excellence in Commercial Space Journalism Award: recognizes a member of the media who has published critical stories on commercial space, contributed to expanding public awareness of the industry, and demonstrated the highest levels of journalistic integrity.
- The Future Space Leaders Foundation for The Patti Grace Smith STEM Award: recognizes a student, teacher, or program who/that has demonstrated a commitment to scientific excellence and the expansion of knowledge for the next generation of commercial space pioneers.
- Tim Hughes, SpaceX and Clay Mowry, Voyager Space Holdings, for The James Kuzma Space Community Award: recognizes outstanding contributions to the commercial space industry through advocacy and community building.