- Matthias Maurer researches the hardening of concrete in zero gravity.
- Climate protection through more efficient use of raw materials.
- Experiments in space provide data for technical developments on earth.
- Cooperation DLR with the universities of Cologne and Duisburg-Essen.
- The experiment is part of the Cosmic Kiss mission.
COLOGNE, Germany (DLR PR) — How does freshly poured concrete behave in zero gravity? And how can this contribute to environmental protection on Earth? In early February 2022, the German ESA astronaut Matthias Maurer searched for answers to these questions on the International Space Station experiment “MASON/Concrete Hardening” is a joint project of the German Aerospace Center (DLR), the University of Cologne and the University Duisburg-Essenand takes place as part of the Cosmic Kiss mission.(more…)