PARIS (ESA PR) — Following ESA’s objective to implement the actions of the Agenda 2025 with a particular focus on commercialisation and ESA’s role and actions in the New Space ecosystem, ESA’s DG appointed in April 2022 the New Space Advisory Board (NAB). It is a senior body of high-level representatives from companies following a New Space approach in the execution of their business. The NAB has the objective to share lessons learned thus supporting ESA executives in the elaboration of an ESA commercialisation policy and the ESA transformation process to adapt to the New Space needs.
List of the member of NAB:
|Daniel Metzler||Isar Aerospace|
|Aleix Mégias||Open Cosmos|
|Juan Tomas Hernani||Satlantis|
The common objective aims at advising ESA, based on two pillars:
- The key characteristics of the New Space ecosystem:
- A business mix balanced between institutional and commercial customers,
- A fierce international competition,
- The necessity to fund substantial developments both by institutional support and private funding
- The strong belief that ESA is a key actor able to foster the development of the New Space ecosystem in Europe.