On Monday, I joined Rio Grande Foundation President Paul Gessing for an episode of the Tipping Point New Mexico podcast. We talked about the latest developments involving Virgin Galactic and Spaceport America. Topics include:
- aborted SpaceShipTwo flight test of Dec. 12
- reasons for 22-month delay in powered flights
- new Virgin Galactic CEO Michael Colglazier’s extravagant vision for the space tourism company
- why Virgin Galactic hasn’t been able to deliver on promises made to New Mexico taxpayers
- shakeup in the management at the New Mexico Spaceport Authority, and
- recent audit that recommended former Spaceport America Executive Director Dan Hicks and ex-CFO Zach DeGregorio be invested for possible criminal charges.