SpaceX Falcon 9 Launches South Korean Satellite

CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. (July 20, 2020) — A SpaceX Falcon 9 booster successfully launched South Korea’s ANASIS-II military communications satellite on Monday evening.
The booster lifted off at 5:30 p.m. EDT from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station. The Airbus-built satellite separated from the second stage 32 minutes after launch.
Falcon 9’s first stage successfully touched down on an offshore drone ship. The stage previously launched Crew Dragon to the International Space Station with NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley on board.
SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said two boats caught both halves of the fairing in nets for the first time.
It was SpaceX’s 11th launch of 2020.
8 responses to “SpaceX Falcon 9 Launches South Korean Satellite”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Ok way to go SpaceX. Fairing recovery as well.
SpaceX adage is ‘don’t give up until we succeed’. Shown at every level. And not just SpaceX but really is EM’s motto.
Cheers
Neil
Congratulations on a very successful launch! They also broke the old Shuttle record for turning around a rocket.
Let’s hope for a few more broken records on this front. Seems like there’s still some cheap thrills to be had once these second stage issues are retired and they can fast cycle the next booster used to launch astronauts.
51 days turn around, a new record, I wonder what reusability naysayers like Lee or Robert G. Oler will say about this. A year ago Robert G. Oler stated
Well you’re wrong, time to eat crows.
Well just one crow would be a sight but as I’m vegan/ vegetarian, I think we should forgo the meal. ?
Cheers
Neil
uguEqSrU.org
Eating crow is one thing but the “reusability naysayers” at ESA and Roscosmos are the ones who have really hurt their respective countries. Their lost launch revenue is now being reinvested in the next generation of reusability currently under construction in Boca Chica, Texas. For the last five years they watched as their profits dried up. “It’s not clear that reusability is the one and only solution,” said ESAs director in 2018.
With that attitude no wonder they didn’t use every means necessary to develop their own reusable boosters.
The next five years ahead certainly appears to be more of the same for them – money that could have been theirs is going to be earned by someone else.
https://media1.giphy.com/me…