LAS CRUCES, NM (NMSA PR) — The New Mexico Spaceport Authority (NMSA) has issued new Requests For Proposals (RFPs) for the General Services and Spaceport Operations Center Fit-Out Design contracts at Spaceport America.
General Services RFP
The scope of work required for the General Services contract includes providing labor, supervision, management, supplies, materials, tools and equipment to perform:
- Development of policies and procedures for all general services activities
- Maintenance planning and scheduling
- Building and utility maintenance and repairs
- Interior and exterior building maintenance
- Janitorial services
- Fuel storage operation and maintenance
- Motor vehicle and aircraft fueling
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) removal
- Grounds-keeping and landscape maintenance
- Sustainability management, including on-site materials logistics and waste management
- Roads maintenance
- Airfield, runway and taxiway/apron maintenance
ISSUANCE: The Request for Proposals will be issued on February 24, 2012. Firms interested in obtaining a copy may download the RFP on that date at: https://www.generalservices.state.nm.us/spd/
Spaceport Operations Center Fit-Out Design RFP
Issue Date: February 24, 2012
PURPOSE OF THIS REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to request proposals for the Spaceport Operations Center Fit-Out Design related to the New Mexico Spaceport Authority. More specifically, activities include, but are not limited to, providing labor and materials required for:
- Space planning and schematic design, design development including 100% construction drawings, selection of interior building finishes, assisting Spaceport America in obtaining a building permit for the interior build-out;
- Construction administration services for the interior build-out effort; and
- Architectural and MEP Engineering
Please visit the Spaceport Operations Center Fit-Out Design RFP page for more information and to download the RFP, Questions and Answers, and any amendments.
ONLINE SPACEPORT AMERICA BUSINESS REGISTRY:
The New Mexico Spaceport Authority has also established an online business registry so local businesses can post contact information and the level and type of experience they offer. Through the registry, larger companies can identify potential sub-contractors and suppliers with the capability to provide specific goods and/or services. https://www.spaceportamerica.com/bidder-registry/index.html
ABOUT SPACEPORT AMERICA:
Spaceport America has been providing commercial launch services since 2006. Phase One of the construction for the spaceport is expected to be complete in early 2012. Phase Two of the construction and pre-operations activities will follow, including the development of a world-class Visitor Experience for students, tourists and space launch customers, the vertical launch complex improvements and the paving of the southern road to the spaceport. When Phase Two construction is completed in 2013, Spaceport America will become fully operational.
Officials at Spaceport America have been working closely with entrepreneurial space leaders like UP Aerospace, Virgin Galactic, and Armadillo Aerospace, as well as established aerospace firms like Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and MOOG-FTS to develop commercial spaceflight at the new facility. The economic impact of launches, tourism and new construction at Spaceport America are already delivering on the promise of economic development to the people of New Mexico.
For more information, please visit: www.spaceportamerica.com
For more information on Preview Tours of the Spaceport, please visit: www.ftstours.com
Facebook: Spaceport America, or follow us on Twitter: @Spaceport_NM