Constellations, Launch, New Space and more…
News

Bolden: NASA Did Not Break the Law On Constellation Program

By Doug Messier
Parabolic Arc
February 24, 2010

Bolden: NASA legit as it readies to end moon program
Orlando Sentinel

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden bluntly told Congress in a letter sent Friday that the agency has kept within the law as it prepares to dismantle the Constellation moon rocket program — despite accusations to the contrary from nearly 30 U.S. House members.


The three-page letter was in response to warning sent by the lawmakers on Feb. 12 that reminded the new NASA chief that he could not shut down Constellation this year without prior approval from Congress. They said NASA has begun pulling the plug in violation of a law passed last year.

Bolden disagreed. He said NASA has started studying what it would take to cancel the $9 billion Constellation program but has not actually killed anything. And Bolden vehemently denied claims that NASA leaders were given verbal instructions to immediately axe pieces of Constellation.

Read the full story.

One response to “Bolden: NASA Did Not Break the Law On Constellation Program”

  1. craig says:
    0
    0

    Bolden looks like a man who has sold his soul.
    Money was given to NASA for the Constellation Program by Congress. Bolden is responsible to Congress before canceling any Congressional funded program.
    His performance has been inadequate, repugnant, contrary to the NASA mission and intent as seen by the world and the citizens whose money finances it.
    In an single autocratic move he has put thousands of NASA people out of work, impacted countless business, both large and small, who supply goods and services to NASA.

Leave a Reply