Charles Lurio of The Lurio Report (www.thelurioreport.com) has some additional information about the XCOR deal that was announced today:
- XCOR personnel would conduct any and all operations, maintenance and physical security for the vehicle;
- â€œMark Iâ€ Lynx is only a _prototype, testbed_ vehicle, and that only one will be built;
- Construction of the Mark I, with initial flights in early 2011;
- Depending on those flights, the Mark II, â€œtail number 1,â€ would fly 9-18 months later;
- Construction of Mark II, â€œtail number 2,â€ the first production model, 3-9 months after that.
The “tail number 2” vehicle would be the one flown out of South Korea.