LUXEMBOURG (Luxembourg Space Agency PR) — Made In Space Europe and Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) announce a joint contract with the European Space Agency (ESA) to develop a robotic arm for space applications.
The contract falls under the LuxIMPULSE programme, Luxembourg’s National Space Programme. Made In Space Europe will lead the technical developments of the project in Luxembourg, which are focused on developing a robotic arm for space, and evaluating the viability of a low cost, scalable robotic arm system for space missions.(more…)
Updated Nov. 4, 2019 at 12:45 PST to include agreement between U.S. Department of Commerce and CNES.
by Douglas Messier
The world’s space agencies were busy signing agreements last month to advance lunar exploration and commercial space activities during the International Astronautical Conference in Washington, DC.
NASA signed agreements with the European Space Agency (ESA) and three national agencies in Europe focused on advancing America’s Artemis program, which aims to land astronauts on the moon in 2024.(more…)
- German Aerospace Center, abbreviated DLR (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt), and Luxembourg Space Agency, abbreviated LSA, to cooperate in the exploration and use of space
- The signing ceremony took place at the 70th International Aeronautical Congress in Washington DC, the US capital
WASHINGTON, DC (LSA PR) — Representatives of DLR and LSA have signed a Letter of Intent to co-operate on space research activities with particular focus on areas such as navigation, satellite communications, space exploration and space resources, including robotics and in-orbit services.
LSA is interested in DLR to cooperate in establishing in Luxembourg an interdisciplinary research center within the SpaceResources.lu initiative aiming at developing a sustainable commercial space resources utilization industry.
The Letter of Intent was signed for the DLR by Prof. Dr. Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair of the Executive Board and Prof. Dr. Hansjörg Dittus, Member of the Executive Board for Space Research and Technology.
Marc Serres, CEO of the Luxembourg Space Agency signed for the LSA. The signing ceremony took place on October 22, 2019 at the 70th International Aeronautical Congress held in Washington DC, the US capital.
Marc Serres, CEO of Luxembourg Space Agency said: “I am very pleased that with the letter of intent we further formalize and enhance the cooperation on space activities between the DLR and the LSA. The German Aerospace Center has already been a long-standing partner. Together with the DLR and other partners, we want to further develop research activities in areas such as the utilization of space resources for the benefit of humankind.”
- Luxembourg Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of the Economy Etienne Schneider and ESA Director General Johann-Dietrich Wörner commit to strengthening international collaboration in the field of space resources research and innovation, during a visit to the European Astronaut Centre, in Cologne.
- Europe must be an active player and create opportunities to position itself as key partner in the next space resources related activities and missions.
- European Space Agency and the Luxembourg Space Agency have, together, identified common objectives for research and development.
LUXEMBOURG (Luxembourg Space Agency PR) — Following the setup of SpaceResources.lu initiative in 2016 to promote and develop the research, economic and legal aspects of space resources, the European Space Agency (ESA) and the Luxembourg Space Agency (LSA) established a working group to explore the opportunities for international cooperation in the field of space resources.(more…)
Betzdorf, Luxembourg, January 9, 2019 (OHB PR) — LuxSpace, a subsidiary of the space and technology group OHB SE, is taking its Triton-X microsatellite platform to the next level. Over the last 12 months it has been designing the architecture for Triton-X, a next generation multi-mission microsatellite designed to enable affordable regional and global LEO constellations. Now work on the hardware is beginning in conjunction with three partner companies.