Helsinki, FINLAND – September 22, 2020 – ICEYE, a World-leading SAR data provider, today announced the closing of a larger than planned $87M Series C funding, led by return investor True Ventures, with a significant additional investment by OTB Ventures.
ICEYE has so far successfully launched 5 satellite missions, starting with the first ever small SAR satellite launched in January 2018. The company is launching 4 additional SAR satellites this year and is on course to launch at least an additional 8 in 2021. This will grow the existing operational constellation into a capability that is unique in the World. To date, ICEYE has raised a total of $152M in financing.(more…)
- Newly launched space investment program supports $87m series C funding round for ICEYE
- Builds on OTB Ventures alliance with Draper Venture Network
AMSTERDAM, 22 September 2020 – OTB Ventures, a leading venture capital firm specialized in investments in technology companies originating in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), today announces the launch of a dedicated investment vehicle to support Europe’s leading space technologies – OTB Space Program I – backed by the European Investment Fund and the European Commission through the InnovFin for Equity programme.(more…)
- Primomiglio SGR launches first Italian venture capital fund – ‘Primo Space’ – focusing on space investments, with first closing at €58 million and target size of €80 million.
- European Investment Fund (EIF) and CDP Venture Capital SGR act as cornerstone investors in the fund, which was developed with the support of the Italian Space Agency.
- €30 million EIF commitment backed by the new InnovFin Space initiative and the Investment Plan for Europe of the European Commission.
BRUSSELS (European Commission PR) — Italian fund manager Primomiglio announces the first closing of Primo Space, an early stage venture fund focused on space start-ups.
The first closing of Primo Space reached an initial amount of €58 million with contributions of the European Investment Fund (EIB group), CDP Venture Capital SGR through the VenturItaly Fund of Funds, Compagnia di Sanpaolo, Luigi Rossi Luciani S.a.p.a., Banca Sella, in addition to the SGR itself and its key men.(more…)