WASHINGTON (NASA PR) — NASA Administrator Bill Nelson is announcing new leadership roles, as well as the merging of two offices into the Office of Technology, Policy, and Strategy (OTPS), in support of Biden-Harris Administration priorities and the focus on space strategy.
- Dr. Bhavya Lal will serve as the associate administrator for OTPS
- Melanie Saunders will serve as the agency’s new chief resilience officer
- Casey Swails will serve as the deputy associate administrator for business operations
- Tom Cremins will serve as the associate administrator for space security interests
- Douglas Terrier, the agency’s current chief technologist, will serve in a new position as the associate director for vision and strategy at NASA’s Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston. In the interim, Lal will serve as acting chief technologist
All appointments are effective immediately.(more…)