From Director and MagellanTV Co-Founder Thomas Lucas, the New Feature’s Debut Lands on International Asteroid Day (June 30); Streamer Making Film Available to All for Limited Window
- On Thursday, June 30, premium documentary streaming service MagellanTV will host the world premiere of Killer Asteroid: Defending Earth – a MagellanTV Original that investigates the history and probability of a catastrophic asteroid collision with Earth, and the pursuit of technological developments designed to defend our planet.
- The new feature documentary’s June 30 premiere lands on International Asteroid Day, the United Nations-sanctioned day of public awareness on the risks of asteroid impacts. MagellanTV will also make Killer Asteroid available to non-subscribers for a limited window, beginning on Asteroid Day and ending on Sunday, July 3.
- Killer Asteroid follows efforts by scientists to hunt, track, visit and project the future trajectories of near-earth asteroids, as well as new and continued developments in methods of deflecting or destroying incoming threats from neighboring celestial bodies. The documentary also chronicles our solar system’s most significant collision events, from the origin of the planets and their moons, to the impact that caused the greatest mass extinction event in Earth’s history.
- Killer Asteroid was written and directed by MagellanTV Co-Founder Thomas Lucas and produced by Lucas alongside James Arthurs. The film is narrated by Matt Baker.
- MagellanTV is an ad-free streaming service dedicated to premium documentary programming. Globally available, the service offers one of the deepest collections of factual content anywhere, with features and series encompassing science, history, true crime, biography, nature, the arts and a growing slate of 4k content. MagellanTV is available anytime, anywhere on your television, laptop, or mobile device. For more info, visit www.magellantv.com/featured.