— Paul Allen (@PaulGAllen) December 19, 2016
Paul Allen’s journeyed to the desolate and frigid wasteland of Mojave to see how his latest space venture is coming along. From the looks of things, fairly well.
I’m wondering if he asked the same questions of his team that everyone else here has been asking in private:
- Why are we building the world’s largest aircraft to air launch the world’s smallest satellite launcher, the Pegasus?
- What’s wrong with using the Stargazer L-1011 that’s sitting over there by the control tower?
- Didn’t that thing just launch a Pegasus last week?
- Will this thing actually ever fly?
- Am I going to go down as some sort of 21st century Howard Hughes for funding this thing?