- The company is a third of the way through 13 key milestones for 2013. It has 19 milestones to complete by next spring.
- Boeing is planning to launch the CST-100 spacecraft on a three-day test flight in 2016.
- The first two CST-100 spacecraft will be launched on Atlas V. However, Boeing is evaluating whether the crew vehicle can be launched on SpaceX’s Falcon 9.
- The company is on tract to conduct a pad abort test in December.
- SpaceX plans to fly the Dragon spacecraft to the International Space Station with a non-NASA crew in mid-2015, if it receives sufficient funding from NASA.
Sierra Nevada Corporation
- The Dream Chaser shuttle has begun tow tests at NASA’s Dryden Flight Research Center at Edwards AFB, Calif.
- The tow tests are in preparation for drop tests from a helicopter later this year.